Tuesday, December 27, 2005

31 in 31

Last year when I turned 30, I decided to focus on accomplishing 30 things while 30. I liked it so much that this year, I've decided to accomplish 31 goals for my 31st year.

Without further a due, I present my list:

1. Read 31 books
2. Read Ulysses
3. Read the entire Bible
4. Knit 14 items for the Dulaan project
5. Knit down stash
6. Start the Master Hand Knitting, Level 1 Program
7. Focus on Photography by participating in Photo Friday
8. Take a photo a day
9. Run the Vancouver 1/2 marathon
10. Do a Tri
11. Learn the butterfly stroke
12. Learn to Dive
13. Run 500 miles (approx 9.6 miles a week)
14. Do 18,250 crunches (approx. 50 a day)
15. Continue my healthy lifestyle while losing weight
16. Find someone special through dating
17. Take up a Co-Ed Hobby
18. Complete National Novel Writing Month in November by writing a 50,000 word novel
19. Once a week, take one small risk
20. Continue with my Spanish studies by reading at least one book in Spanish
21. Volunteer
22. Proactively celebrate other's birthdays
23. Knit two socks at once on two circulars
24. Do the Polar Bar Swim with Mot on New Year's Day
25. Organize my CD collection
26. FRAME the darn cat poster
27. Learn to cook one difficult dish (Our Chef at work is going to provide me with recipes for Duck Confit and Cassoulet -- CHALLENGING!)
28. Get an iPod
29. Save Money
30. Learn how to make proper pie crust
31. Take a trip somewhere, anywhere

*YIKES! I checked this page this morning and lots of my goals were missing so this is a re-post of those goals....I think I remembered them correctly! I'm emailing this list to me just in case now!

1 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

This is a great list! Lots of attainable goals. What a good idea.

Re: making the perfect pie crust, can I make a suggestion? Someone gave me a copy of Cook's Illustrated's Best of Cooks and it has The Best Pie Crust I Have Ever Made. Period. It's a great book because it explains quite scientifically how different ingredients work together for the perfect result (in many different sorts of recipes, not just baking). I found another copy to gift this year at Costco. Have fun!!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home